Friday, May 3, 2013

Review: Skinfood » Steam Milk Bubble Mask


The name of this product certainly is deceiving. I feel a more appropriate name would be Steam Milk Bubble Cleanser because that's exactly what this product actually is, and a great one at that! I'm lucky enough to have a Skinfood store near me here in LA and had no idea this product even existed until I paid the store a visit. I originally intended on buying their Black Sugar Mask (it's still on my wish-list), but the girl in the store pointed this cleanser out to me and after testing a bit on my hand I had to bring it home with me!


FLASH FACTS
Brand » Skinfood
Product » Steam Milk Bubble Mask
Size » 150ml
Cost » $25 USD approximately
Website » www.theskinfoodus.com
Would I Repurchase? » YES!!

I really love the Skinfood brand in general and especially when their products come in cute packaging! Their Steam Milk Bubble Mask comes in a milk carton shaped box and once you open the top you'll find the canister inside that dispenses the foam!


The Steam Milk Bubble Mask is packed with plenty of great ingredients for your skin! A few of them are:

Milk Protein » hydration, elasticity, helps heal the skin
Milk Lipids » moisturize, anti-aging, reduce appearance of skin irritations
Gardenia Florida Fruit Extract » nourishing skin protectant
Citrus Nobilis Fruit Extract » soothing, oil control, toner
Angelica Archangelica Leaf Extract » bacteria fighting properties to help with acne
Chamomilla Recutita Fruit Extract » smoothing, anti-inflammatory
Rubus Idaeus (Raspberry) Fruit Extract » soothes and relaxes inflamed skin


This cleanser is great for oily skin (like mine), but is also great for dry skin as it contains many hydrating ingredients. Sensitive skin types and acne prone skin types could also give this a go. It is extremely gentle on my skin and does not burn or sting, which has often happened to me throughout the years of trying new cleansers. It also does a perfect job at removing my base makeup, however if you are wearing heavy eye makeup I would suggest using a makeup remover as this product won't work without a lot of scrubbing in that area (which probably isn't the best idea).

I usually use this cleanser in the morning, but you can definitely use it both day and night. For dry skin, you might want to follow up with your favorite moisturizer after you wash off the cleanser. For me, I always apply toner and lotion during the day regardless, but at night I use a moisturizing cream after cleansing with this product when my skin is feeling extra dry.



$25 is a little expensive for my taste for a cleanser especially on a product I've never tried before, but fortunately I truly lucked out on my spur of the moment buy! Honestly, I think the Steam Milk Bubble Mask from Skinfood is my favorite cleanser of all time (it could be beaten out in the future, you never know). It doesn't smell like milk (in case you were wondering), but it does smell pretty dang good. I'm not quite sure what the smell is specifically, but it just smells fresh, soft, and clean!

Speaking of soft, my favorite part about this product is that it leaves me with a baby soft skin every time!

Love,


P. S. Do you have a favorite Korean brand cleanser?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you! Leave me a comment and I'll respond back in the same post. Let me know if you follow me and I'll follow back! xo
☆*:.。. o(≧▽≦)o .。.:*☆