Saturday, May 4, 2013

Mini Haul: Etude House and Tonymoly


Sometimes you just need to do something nice for yourself. And with some online shopping a couple weeks ago I did just that. I picked up some fun items from two brands I love: Tonymoly and Etude House! This time I placed an order through Amazon and my package arrived just in time for the weekend!


The first item in my cart was the Petite Bunny Gloss Bar in Juicy Grape from Tonymoly. I believe there are nine colors to choose from and each of the nine little colored bunnies wears a different expression which I think is a really neat detail. I chose Juicy Grape because I was lacking that shade of lip gloss. It smells like yummy grape candy and goes on pretty sheer. There is only a slight hint of color, which I'll admit was a little disappointing, but it does make your lips feel incredibly smooth and moisturized!


The second item I couldn't resist is the Kakapo version of Etude House's Missing U I Can Fly Hand Cream. It is an item that I essentially don't really need, but the packaging is so kawaii I really wanted to make a home for it on my shelf! This hand cream smells like sweet apple candy and does a good job at keeping my hands moisturized throughout the day. It probably isn't the best hand cream that I've ever tried, but it is paraben, sulfate, ethanol, and mineral oil free! It contains ingredients such as aloe, lavender, shea butter, centella, lemon verbena, and marshmallow root which create a luxurious combo for the skin.

There are 4 in total: Kakapo (Sunny Sunny Apple), Eastern Grass Owl (Peach Peach Peach), Eagle Owl (Very Berry Cherry), and Cerulean Warbler (Sweet Cotton Candy). Also, Etude House donates a portion of the profits from this collection to help save the endangered birds they represent! And the bird house package is even made from 100% recycle paper! Definitely a bonus reason to buy!


The next two items that came in my order aren't quite as cute, but I'm still just as happy with them. I'm certainly fond of the Tear Drop Liner #4 Sunlight from Etude House. I use this eyeliner to add a beautiful shimmer to the inner corners of my eyes. I used to do the same thing with sparkly eyeshadow, but this product does a much better job! It looks so pretty when I'm wearing it! You have to be careful not to scoop up too much on the brush or it can get a tad messy, but other than that I love it.



The last item is a cream eyeshadow from Etude House. The Look At My Eyes Icing in #BR401 Caramel Icing has a delectable name and as I am a fan of neutral colors it was the last item in my cart. I use a brush to apply it and the color adds a subtle shimmer to the lid. If you apply too much it will sink into any creases which tends to be annoying, but most cream shadows I've tried have this outcome. However, if you apply the right amount I haven't had this happen and it's lasted throughout the day.

(1) Petite Bunny Gloss Bar (2) Missing U Hand Cream (3) Tear Drop Eyeliner (4) Look At My Eyes Icing


Thank you for reading!

Love,

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you! Leave me a comment and I'll respond back in the same post. Let me know if you follow me and I'll follow back! xo
☆*:.。. o(≧▽≦)o .。.:*☆