Thursday, May 23, 2013

Body: Skinfood » Coffee Body Scrub Mini Review


I think it's because I absolutely love the smell of coffee shops that I was so excited to try the Coffee Body Scrub from Skinfood. Not to mention, Skinfood is high on my list of favorite skincare brands. So when I received a few samples on my last visit to their store I couldn't wait to try them out in the shower. But when I actually did, my excitement slowly faded away. (-_____-)


FLASH FACTS
Brand » Skinfood
Product » Coffee Body Scrub
Size » 100g
Cost » $12 USD
Would I purchase the full product? » Probably Not

I absolutely love pampering myself in the shower because, well let's face it, it feels pretty nice! Skinfood claims that their Coffee Body Scrub exfoliates dry, rough, skin with coffee bean powder, leaving skin soft and moist. The coffee acid element adds resiliency and the honey and sugar make skin smooth.

Now, on to what I think! The coffee bean powder actually contains pretty decent sized bits that would seem to do a great job at exfoliating. However, I would say this product exfoliates only a little and it doesn't leave my skin feeling refreshed or smooth. This scrub does not lather at all and is the consistency of moist sugar.


The Coffee Body Scrub smells like sweetened coffee (which it basically is) and at first it smelled amazing. After a while though, the smell became too much. I'm not sure why, as I mentioned earlier I love the smell of coffee, but I just don't like the smell for a long time. You don't come out of the shower smelling strongly of coffee, but there are faint hints of the smell throughout the day.

Warning; this product will make a mess of your shower! The coffee bits get absolutely everywhere! I wouldn't mind dealing with this if the product was amazing, but since I wasn't too impressed by this scrub, having to clean the bits after each shower just felt like working for free. Also, a little does not go a long way with this product, and I feel I would need to use so much of it each shower to do the job that I would run out of the scrub way too quickly.

My overall feeling? It was okay. I think sensitive skin types could use this and if you are a huge fan of coffee you might enjoy this scrub. In my opinion, there are much better products out there to exfoliate and soften your skin in the shower.

Thanks for reading!

Love,


P. S. Love it? Hate it? What do you think of Skinfood's Coffee Body Scrub?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you! Leave me a comment and I'll respond back in the same post. Let me know if you follow me and I'll follow back! xo
☆*:.。. o(≧▽≦)o .。.:*☆