Sunday, June 16, 2013

Review: The Face Shop » Green Tea Phyto Powder In Cleansing Foam


I'm pretty satisfied with the Green Tea Phyto Powder In Cleansing Foam from The Face Shop. Although it's not my favorite cleanser (it doesn't beat Skinfood's Steam Milk Bubble Mask reviewed here), I do enjoy it for it for its own unique qualities. Plus, I am an absolute fan of green tea!! Matcha green tea, green tea ice cream, green tea cheesecake, green tea skincare...you name it! Odds are I love it (I even ate green tea pancakes earlier today). Okay, moving on...

FLASH FACTS
Brand » The Face Shop
Product » Green Tea Phyto Powder In Cleansing Foam
Size » 170ml
Cost » $10 USD
Website » international.thefaceshop.com
Would I repurchase? » Perhaps


The Green Tea Cleanser comes in a simple yet attractive tube packaging. The product squeezes out of the bottom and comes out a thick gel-like consistency with a pearlescent shine. For some reason, when I smelled this cleanser in the store I thought it did indeed smell of green tea, but when I brought it home with me it didn't seem to smell like it at all (guess it was my imagination). It does smell good, however, but the smell is more of a simple, light, clean smell with no specific scent that I can think of.

This cleanser foams quite nicely and does a good job at cleaning off my makeup. It actually foams a lot more than shown in the picture! However, if you wear heavy eye makeup I would suggest getting some type of makeup remover to use along with this cleanser. It can sometimes require excessive scrubbing in the eye area which isn't the best for the delicate skin around your eyes. It also takes a little more effort than some cleansers to rinse off.

I do not recommend this for extremely dry or sensitive skin types. Although the Green Tea Cleanser is pretty gentle, it can be quite drying at times and if my skin is especially irritated this cleanser can slightly sting, which is never fun.

On a positive note, I do recommend this for those of you with combination/oily skin like mine. On days when my skin is oily and out of control, this cleanser does wonders. I do not like to use this cleanser every day though and am currently trading off between this and my Steam Milk Bubble Mask from Skinfood. The Green Tea Cleanser doesn't necessarily leave my skin feeling overly soft, but it is quite refreshing and does its job of getting my face clean. I also feel that over time it has helped to tighten my pores, smooth out my skin, and lessen the amount of oil I have.

I have never had any breakouts or irritations from using this cleanser (except for the rare slight stinging on extra sensitive days). Overall, I do enjoy the Green Tea Cleanser from The Face Shop, but I feel as though I would like to try something else before purchasing this cleanser again.

Thanks for reading!!

Love,


P. S. I couldn't end this post without mentioning that Kim Hyun Joong is the current model for The Face Shop. In case you don't know who is, he is a famous kpop idol and actor and is pretty dang cute (in my opinion)...just saying! :p



3 comments:

  1. Do ue use it twice a day?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When my skin is feeling extra awesome I can handle using this twice a day, but I usually don't. I normally only use this at night and use a different cleanser in the morning. When my skin feels sensitive I don't use this at all because it is too drying. I trade off between different cleansers often as I don't like to stick to one single routine. If your skin is in good condition you can definitely use it twice a day! Thanks for reading! :)

      Delete
  2. I have this and it works great. I was wondering if you can recommend me some face shop products to me, my face is more oily then dry, but its not supper oily. I have little acne, and break out a few times. I want a product that I can use every morning to clean/ wash my face with, and a lotion afterwords to moisturize my face with, without leaving it supper oily and shiny. Do you have any in mind?

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you! Leave me a comment and I'll respond back in the same post. Let me know if you follow me and I'll follow back! xo
☆*:.。. o(≧▽≦)o .。.:*☆